Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tough Love. ;)

People are always saying they show tough love, well, my Great Uncle defines tough love. First let me tell you about him. He's contrary, blunt, rude, generous, hates curly hair, hates it when people are skinny, loving, funny...all in one person, I bet you thought that wasn't possible. My word it is.

Example 1: To my aunt after she got a perm when she was about 15. "Toni! what'd ya go and do to your hair? Mop the floor with it?"

Example 2: To my mom when she was pregnant, "Well, looks like your gaining weight nicely, make sure you don't gain anymore or you might be considered fat."

before I go on, don't worry, he loves us, he just is extremely blunt, and we still adore him for it.

Example 3: To Whitney and I at our Grandpa's election part when he was elected County Judge, "Amanda, (he said loudly) you look like you are finally getting fat and gaining lots of weight, you better get in that food line and fill your plate before you lose your figure. By the way, what happened to your hair? It looks like you mopped the floor with bleach with your hair." "Whitney, did you just get your head out of the trash can?"

Example 4: Today my grandmother and I went to visit him in the hospital and I knew promptly he was still himself when we walk in said HIII and he just stared at me for a while then blurted out, "What's wrong with your hair? You just walk through a downpour? It's so rattttyyyy. Talk about RATS NEST!" So I told him I'd go home and brush it for him and he said, "Wouldn't do ya no good after all, it always looks that way."

TOLD YOU HE HATES CURLY HAIR! :) 

Anyways, love is tough. Cause I have this eighty year old uncle who loves me to death, yet always tells me I'm either fat or have ratty mop bucket hair. Wow, I never thought I would love some one so much that totally tells me I look like a bum. ;) It's become a funny highlight everytime we visit him, cause it seems like the comments get better and better, and Whitney and I always try to best each other with is comments. Btw, he loves Ashley, everything about her.

Example: "You sure do look perty Ashley with that hair that don't look like it's been in bed all day. Your lookin mighty fine"

I love tough love. 

2 comments:

  1. Haw.
    Haw.
    Haw.

    he would hate me. definitely :)
    I think i should meet him so I can see what he has to say about my hair ;)

    ReplyDelete