Monday, June 28, 2010

{Risk}

.Bold.
.Courage.
.Strength.
.Impact. 
.Risk.

Some of the most beautiful words, to me. 
Why? God keeps pushing me to the limit. 
He keeps showing me, "Hey you, I have a bigger plan for you."
So I'm trying to listen. So I can be bold in what He wants me to say.
So I can have courage to step out on a limb.
So I can have the strength to carry His word.
So I can make the impact in just one person's life.
I'll have to risk all to do all this. 
But if I risk. I'll lose nothing. 
I'll need to give Him everything. 
I know He won't let me fail.

I stole this quote from my sister's blog.

To Risk
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out is to risk involvement,
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place your ideas and
dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return,
To live is to risk dying,
To hope is to risk despair,
To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken because
the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

The person who risks nothing, does nothing,
has nothing, is nothing.
– William Arthur Ward (1921-1994)
Beautiful. It sure is. I read that and it inspired me incredibly much.
Then I found this verse on a friends facebook the other day. This verse. My oh my, it inspired me even more.
Will YOU be one of "These that have turned the world upside down.."—Acts 17:6?

Will I be one of them?
Will I change the world?
I wanna turn it upside down.
But to do that, I need to risk.
I'll need to give up everything.
Let it all go.
Then God will do His perfect work.

No comments:

Post a Comment